Monday 5 May 2008

Celeste and Careme's Top 3 Movie Lines

Here are the little gems of from all the movies we have watched together. These are the ones you HAVE to rewind for:

1. "You're the coolest person I've ever met and you don't even have to try...
I try really hard, actually"
from JUNO, best film ever. I went to see it in the cinema, and Celeste kept on cracking up at jokes way after they'd finished, just from the memory of them. Afterwards I kept on saying the line to Celeste and she wouldn't get that it was a quote, and thought I was actually a nice friend or something...

2. "Jess, I'm Irish, of course I know how that feels"
Jonathan Rhys Meyers gives his best performance to date in Bend it Like Beckham. Not quite sure why its so funny, the reference to anti-Irish racism perhaps?? Watch it and weep.

3. "He was a liar!"
Unnamed boy suddenly shouts this out in the middle of About A Boy. Why isn't he famous for it? Why isn't there a facebook appreciation society to those four words? Some questions will never be answered...

1 comment:

x Celeste and Careme said...

WHOAH! HE IS NOT UNNAMED! a true fan would realise that he is called ALI. ali aka comedic genius 2008